Saturday, January 22, 2011

Daiso

Edmund and I always enjoy our visits to Daiso. There are so many pretty, cute, interesting, clever things to buy there. And because everything is only $2, you're willing to buy it for fun, or just to try it out!

After a lovely meal with Seb & Steph at Pete's Place at Hyatt Hotel, and an unfruitful query made at JTB, we happily walked into Daiso at Ion Orchard.

Some bo liao things I ended up with:

* Japanese 4-stones (child-hood game)


I always envied a primary school friend who came to school with 4 stones bought from Japan. They were so pretty (although I found it too fat for the game compared to my smaller stones).

Anyway, I fulfilled my childhood wish of getting myself a set of pretty 4 stones whose design probably originated from Japan but was now made in China.

I came home and started playing with my pretty stones immediately. After 2 decades, I’d forgotten quite a few levels!

* a rolling pin for my feet (physiotherapist's recommendation)


I’ve been having plantar fasciitis where my left heel hurts especially when I’m barefooted. I went to see a physiotherapist and he recommended that I roll my feet on something cylindrical.

I went to the baking section in Daiso looking high and low for some rolling pins and found 1 rolling pin sticking out from a pile of non-rolling pin stuff. It was just the buy-me sign I needed. It was meant just for me! Haha!

No comments: