Monday, July 27, 2009

Honeymoon

Edmund and I have spilt our duties. He takes care of the wedding dinner and house, while I handle the church wedding and honeymoon.

I've finally settled our honeymoon destination after spending many hours and nights on the internet and making 2 boo-boos.


Thanks to Edmund's sister, she gave us her frequent flyer miles on SIA and NWA to use. It was too difficult trying to get flights on SIA/SilkAir, so we had to go with NWA. But here's where it got complicated...

The nearest NWA direct flight from Singapore is to Tokyo. Since I've been to Tokyo before, I thought of going to Honolulu. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough free flyer miles to get us there. I did some calculations after a day's draining work and felt that topping up S$500+ more to get us there wasn't too bad.

After using my credit card to make the top-up, I realised my calculations were WRONG!!! I needed S$1000+ more and that was excluding tax. I was SOOOOO upset with myself. Every screen in the process of purchasing of miles stated that the transaction was NON-REFUNDABLE.

Edmund was really nice about it eventhough I just threw S$500+ down the drain. He knew how upset and frustrated I was.

From there, I turned my attention to Europe and realised I didn't have to top-up anything to fly to that part of the world.

With my very limited annual leave, we only have time for 1 European city. We've decided on Prague and I'm glad I've been hearing good reports about that place. It's supposedly one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.


[My 2nd boo-boo: I accidentally selected Edmund's sister's name in the reservation booking instead of mine from the drop-down namelist. And I only discovered it after making the credit card payment for the airport tax! Fortunately, the reservations office in Singapore made an immediate cancellation and said that there would be no charges incurred since the tickets had not been issued yet. If I had to "donate" another few hundred dollars to NWA, I'd just kill myself!]

I swear I have a phobia of airline internet bookings now.

2 comments:

bea said...

hee hee... it gets better with practice. when i went for my recent aussie holiday, my daddy was supposed to book tix for monday morning but ended up booking sunday morning. good thing the flight was not full! :)

-aRnie- said...

I always check and recheck AND check again when I do online bookings.