Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Leave


When I was in Rome, I found out from my manager that I had to quarantine myself for 7 full days after I got back to Singapore before I could go back to the office. Working from home wasn't an issue until I found out that HR wanted me to take annual leave.

That got me boiling mad, cos that meant I wouldn't have enough leave for my honeymoon. I got Chris to get the cell group to pray that somehow I wouldn't have to take annual leave.

When I got back on Tuesday, my manager sms-ed me to say that I could telecommute from work and not have to take annual leave. PRAISE GOD! More so when I know that my other colleague who's in Tokyo for holiday has to take annual leave for her quarantine because she left for holidays after the HR circular came out. I left before.

I'm praying for her too that somehow she will not need to utilise her annual leave when she returns from Japan. She's getting married 1 week after me, and I totally can identify with how angry she feels/felt!

On a separate note, I still haven't finalised my honeymoon destination yet. The original plan was to go to Lombok.. and this time round if my company still has that ridiculous/unfair 7 day quarantine using annual leave rule, I'll not have enough leave.

No comments: