Saturday, September 12, 2009

Church Wedding


The church wedding was tonnes of fun for me!


I was suppose to leave the house and head to church at 1pm in my white wedding gown. However, at the rate the duchess satin was creasing, I got out of it and back into my cotton “summer” dress before jumping into the wedding car. Carol & Lynn zipped the white gown back into the bag and brought it to church for the change instead.


I only got into the white gown in the holding room and waited till it was time to get in line for the walk-in. There was a mad scramble to adjust my big black trailing ribbon bow properly, and flip my veil over my face even as the church auditorium doors flung open.


I wore the veil due to peer pressure but still don’t see the beauty of the veil. It was irritating and it made my fake eye-lashes drop.


I forgot to revise my wedding vows and had to be prompted several times while Edmund said his flawlessly with emotion.

The crowd of guests in the auditorium really added to the great atmosphere of the whole wedding.


My dad started the wedding on a funny note when he asked if he could consider if he was going to give away the bride.


The other funny moments:-

• Opening poem to Ps Kai’s exhortation
• Ps Tony’s stunning and stunned opening statement
• The ring segment where I couldn’t get Edmund’s ring onto his finger


• The photo-video clip put together by Lynn (especially Dad’s 4 point sermon outline)


• Edmund’s thank-you speech


• The surprise video put together by the RAYs (the ‘Go forth and make babies’ statement was hilarious!)


All the funny moments made the simple wedding light-hearted, warm and fun.

My greatest regret: not having more time to mingle and take photos with the guests during the reception cos we had to rush to the hotel for the 2nd makeup session at 5pm.

No comments: