Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Honeymoon in Prague


The weather in Prague was lovely and cool. With the exception of a day we had to walk in the rain to take the bus, the other days were either sunny or breezy with temperatures ranging from 14-26 celsius.


It was easy navigating around Prague. I'm impressed with their transportation system. We took the metro a lot and walked a whole lot more!


We explored castles,


walked along cobble-stoned streets,


visited churches,


had dinner with Edmund's Czech friend and even got to meet up with Audrey and David for dinner at Charles Bridge.


The restaurant at Charles Bridge had such great views and wonderful food but I couldn't eat a thing. In fact, I ended throwing up whatever I had earlier in the day because of the migraine I was having. I think that was the biggest disappointment for me during the honeymoon... that I couldn't enjoy and savour every moment of the evening with my good friend who flew in from London to meet us and and who so generously gave us an expensive treat at a posh restaurant.


Edmund felt the honeymoon was too short, but I was quite ready to go home because I was falling ill and wanted to "get on with life". Wedding preparation had been consuming me and had kinda put my life on hold. Strange thinking, huh?


I'd recommend Prague to others. It's a lovely, cheaper alternative to western Europe! We're glad we went to Prague for honeymoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow.. very romantic. slow n classic... perhaps perhaps..... i shld go..