Friday, September 3, 2010

Teochew Gals at Ma Maison


What was meant to be a catch up with my teochew gal friends ended up also as an early mini birthday celebration at Ma Maison at The Central.

A lot of people rave about Ma Maison. Because their restaurants are small, there always seems to be a queue. Forget about trying to make a reservation for a Fri/Sat/Sun only 1 or 2 days before. I kiasu-ly made the reservation for 4 of us 2 weeks before!

This is my 2nd time to Ma Maison, and I still don’t find the food memorable. The escargot, tonkatsu set and paella was nice, but I didn’t appreciate the hamburger steak or the beef stroganoff with omu rice. The brownie was quite awful (dry, accompanied by low-class ice cream)!


The girls gave me a really pretty card made by Ivy, surprised me with Taka vouchers (Irene asked me over msn what is a good voucher to buy for a friend and I totally didn’t suspect that it was for me!) and gave me a dinner treat.


The night flew by and I’m looking forward to the next time we catch up... especially now when I'm not in the same church and CPU as them!!!

No comments: