Monday, December 8, 2008

Wedding 1


Couple:
Angie & Boon Kiat

Interesting facts I learnt about the couple:
- they dated for 11 years
- she was a girl guide and he was a boy scout and that's how they met

Venue:
Marina Mandarin Hotel

First time:
seeing waiters/waitresses dance on stage with the cold dish platter perched on their shoulders. (it was quite well-executed... but it sure was something unexpected!)

Discussion points:
- Who started the fancy 1st-dish entry "stunt" at chinese dinner banquets?!
- Is it just for entertainment value?
- Should I let the hotel carry on with their 1st-dish "stunt" or should I cancel it altogether? (I am in 2 minds about it! Maybe I should let the hotel continue with it so that it can be a talking/joking point for my friends!? ;p )

3 comments:

michelle said...

i'm intending to cut it out.... especially when they use weird entrance songs!

Anonymous said...

andy is begging me to please throw that idea out. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Well, you are able to discuss with the hotel manager. For Miin and myself, we gave them the song (CD) we wanted to play for the entrance song. "Wang Bu Liao" by David Tao.