Friday, April 17, 2009

Losing steam


Sharon warned me about it in the beginning, but even if I were to turn back the clock, I don't think I would have done it much differently.

Since my new job started, my excitement for wedding preparation has diminished. It's not that I'm not looking forward to getting married, but I'm just not as ON as I was the 1st 6 months after Edmund proposed. I probably got weighed down with the tiring house-search and the stress adapting to the new work environment.

The other factor is that I've realised that very little that you wish or plan for for the wedding will go just the way you want it to. So now I'm in a position where I'm delegating more, letting things unfold as they go along and being a whole lot more easy-going about things.

Friends have been asking me how wedding preparation has been coming along and I reply that I haven't been doing much lately.

Edmund asked if I'd met my March timelines and I said I didn't know. I kinda just adjusted the dates to Apr. Ha!

My makeup artist called me a bo-chup bride because:
1. I didn't get my manicure done before the shoot
2. I didn't have any photos of hairstyles I wanted to show her
3. I told her I didn't know when my wedding gown was going to be ready

But I'm looking forward to seeing the photos from the pre-wedding photoshoot although I'm slightly worried... most people spend 6 to 12 hours for their shoot and we only spent like 3 hours. Most couples comment how tired they feel after their photoshoot. Edmund and I weren't tired. We were just hungry cos we ended around dinner time! ;p

No comments: