Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wedding 4


I've been waiting for KC's wedding cos we've been wanting to see what the crowd situation would be like for about 900 people at church.

What I loved at KC's wedding:
1. The short duration of the ceremony
2. The outdoor live music (just a guitarist and a singer, but the mood created was fantastic. The singer's voice was so soothing!)
3. The tentage in the evening (the setting and ambience was refreshing!)

Discussion Points:
1. Should I have a long train or short train? The long train has a great effect while walking down the aisle but a real bother when you're trying to move around, go toilet, etc. I always imagine collecting wanton and rice and other food bits under my train while I move around at the reception area

2. Why do I always see brides struggling with their gown as they walk down the aisle? I've seen my fair share of brides having to hold up or kick the front of their gown while walking down the aisle.

Points to note:
1. Ask Edmund to place the veil nicely in place after lifting it.
2. Remind Edmund not to walk ahead of me cos the gown tends to slow the bride down.

5 comments:

a portion of me said...

Sue, I prefer a long train. Because it really look much nicer in a church wedding setting. =)

But the picture you took of KC makes me even more convinced that long train is super beautiful and grand in church wedding.

Can send me some of her wedding pictures? I wanna see also lei!

a portion of me said...

Another funny thing that happened during my wedding.

I cried during worship and dunno why but somehow my fake eyelashes got stucked at my veil. And it was so so so uncomfy to the extend that it actually fell out of my eye. And I gotta be so un-glam and pluck out the other side also. Haha..I forgot if the eye lash came out because when Yeow was lifting my veil, it came out together. But I just know, I couldn't concentrate. Haha...

Now I think of it, unexpected things do happen and we can't be prepared for it at all.

Madster said...

Long train is very nice especially if you have big church, my church was small and I had a garden party, hence short train. But you can ask the dresser to design long train that can be taken off during the reception. Win win solution :)

mummybean said...

If you want a long train, you can get the designer to put in a bustle so you can pin it up for moving around during the reception.

Re your discussion pt #2, the brides kicking/holding the dress up happens when the dress is too long. That's what Ted Wu said when I told him to please make sure it doesn't happen to me. Make sure you wear the actual day heels for your fitting so they get the length right and you'll have no problem.

I nagged DD about making sure he folded over the veil propoerly as well cos I really don't like it when the brides have the veil awkwardly sitting around their face!

michelle said...

i opted for a not-too-long-but-enough-to-create-an-impact train. after all, the focus of my gown was on my french lace. and i told corinna that i'd definitely be running around saying hi to everyone during the reception, so i need to be able to walk around comfortable.

as for brides struggling with their gowns, this only happens when the front of the gown is too long. so i agree with veraday, make sure you wear the actual pair of heels for the last few fittings. at least this problem never happened to be.

and lastly, remind your bridesmaid about the veil. edmund may not remember at that point because things can get overwhelming. so your bridesmaid can arrange your veil for you to make sure it looks good in photos...