Friday, April 24, 2009

Wedding gift


Edmund was really shocked the other day when I blatantly asked:

So what are you going to give me as a wedding gift?


He thought I was trying to trick a present out of him!

Taken from the wedding website, The Knot:-

Qn.
Please inform us as to the matter of the wedding-gift exchange between the bride and groom. Is this a time-honored tradition?

Ans.
It is an optional tradition for the bride and groom to exchange gifts - the night before the wedding, the morning of, or once the festivities are over. You could give each other something to wear for the wedding itself (cuff links, a necklace) or maybe something for the honeymoon (a great pair of sunglasses, snorkeling gear). It doesn't have to be anything major - a photo frame or a treasured book of poetry make great gifts. Honor this tradition in whatever way you two desire!

Actually I never knew about this tradition until Wendy told me before she got married that she had bought Melvin a watch as a wedding present.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh... maybe he has a surprise gift that he has planned for you.. now u sabo him! Then.. pastor cannot tell lies right? So he's stuck...wahaha...

Mae said...

I didn't have anything for John, but it is apparently an American tradition as well. He had a beautiful pewter keychain of a grand piano for me as a gift.