Friday, April 3, 2009

We've bought our flat!

FINALLY!!! (Daniel & Ivy must be so relieved! ;p They've been so patient with us!)

Last night, Edmund & DL were at the seller's house from about 10pm-12midnight. We got the Kovan flat for $20K above valuation.

I know some people will think it's too much to pay in such market conditions, but if you've visited more than 40 HDB flats and experienced how difficult/time-consuming the whole process is, you might think otherwise. I think Boon Yeow & Faith, Andy & Pearlyn, Matthias & Cynthia would be able to identify with me! ;p

Edmund & DL both say God's hand was upon the whole transaction. Here's why:-

1. Seller has visited LSBC before and recognised DL. DL felt there was a level of respect there.

2. Seller turned down an offer of $25K above valuation before and there were supposedly a few other interested parties besides us.

3. Seller's agent said that this was the 1st time the seller's wife was around during a viewing & negotiation. She was the key person to say "SELL!"

4. The last time Edmund tried to negotiate for a Sengkang 5-rm flat, he couldn't explain why but felt that $363K was the price to pay. We're paying $363K for this Kovan flat since we have an additional $10K grant being near parents + payment for the upcoming lift upgrading that should be all done by the time we shift in.

I was telling my colleague that it's hard to explain feelings sometimes. When we shortlisted the "Purple-M" house at Sengkang last time, it was because it was the best of the lot. But I just couldn't explain my feelings of hesitation. It was logical but the feeling wasn't right. Besides, negotiations just kept falling through. The fact that it was so hard made it obvious it wasn't God's plan for us.

But I think God had to bring us on the long "Sengkang journey" to prepare us for this Kovan flat. That's another story on it's own! Am I making sense to you?

God is good! Once again, He PROVIDES! Many thanks to friends who prayed for us and encouraged us through our house-search! =)

Now to get back to wedding preparation! Ha!

8 comments:

mummybean said...

congrats!!! praise god for his provision!

it's such a great feeling to finally get your own place i'm sure! and yes, it is very handy to stay near parents...

Kay said...

Congratulations! :) I'm happy for you and I can't wait to see it.

Just spent £90 on filling tooth (I have weak teeth just like you are susceptible to sore throats, just that mine's more expensive!) and since I'm not making the trip back to SG, I thought I'd do my tooth since it needed it. I've another one that needs doing soon. :(

-aRnie- said...

Congrats!!! Its not easy to find the right place. The feeling must be right... must satisfy alot of other factors as well. The entire process is really not easy. I am gonna stay put at my current place for as long as I can to make my 8 mths search worth :P

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I might bump into Edmund and you at Heartland Mall, my 'haunt'. =) -fitti

Jasmine Fu said...

yay, Kovan!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue Ern, congrats to you in finally getting your LOVE NEST! Its a GOOD CHOICE to stay near parents! The support of extended family always come in very handy when you have kids on your own in the near future!

michelle said...

congrats on getting your place!

and i was reading your past entries that i missed, and just want to let you know, i went ahead with the "meet the groom directly at the church" for my wedding. that kind of anticipation to see each other only when the church doors opened was really great!

p.s. you know veraday too? (saw her comment above!)

Sue said...

hi michelle,

oh, so you did the meet directly at the church too! cool. nice to hear good feedback from you! i've quite made up my mind about that! =)

i got to know veraday when we were all maids of honour for my sec sch friend (her colleague then) at least 5 years ago! after that veraday invited me to sing for her wedding. i don't meet up with her but we keep in touch through each other's blogs! =)