Sunday, June 6, 2010

Visit to Oakcliff


The delegates were all assigned different churches to visit on Sunday. We got up super early to check-out, have breakfast and be ready to board the bus at 6.30am!!! We were the earliest group to leave the hotel.

We were assigned to visit Oakcliff Bible Fellowship. This was my first time visiting a mainly black church and they were celebrating their 30th anniversary!

Even though I didn't know most of the worship songs they sang, it was easy to join in in worship. There is just something rich about the music and singing that is hard for Chinese to re-produce... haha!

There was a little bridge-like part of a song we sang that really stuck with me...

To worship You I live
To worship You I live
I live to worship You
Dr. Tony Evans preached a really powerful and practical sermon. He was doing a series on the armour of God. His illustrations were so simple yet good because it drove home the point.

The icing on the cake was the tremendous hospitality and generosity shown to us. Waking up early to visit and worship at Oakcliff was definitely worth it!

No comments: