Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Texas Trip (2-19 Jun 2010)

The last overseas trip we took together was on our honeymoon to Prague. This Texas trip came as a great surprise/bonus. We considered signing up for the conference trip at the end of 2009, but decided not to after considering whether we were suitable conference delegates and my limited leave.

However, things took a sudden turn in May 2010. The conference convener asked Edmund to reconsider going to Texas and I was very unhappy at my job.

I told Edmund, “if I resign from my job, I want to go!”. My blah job was definitely worth giving up for the once in a lifetime, God-given experience in Texas.

Once Edmund confirmed that it was ok for me to go and it was not too late for us to sign up, I put in my letter. All this happened in 3 days, although I had been wanting to leave my job for months! Just never felt the release to do so.

My last day of work was towards the end of May and we were off to America on 2 Jun.

Enjoying the yummy fish meal on the JAL flight to Tokyo (transit) complete with choya and refreshing yuzu drink (exclusive to JAL flights)! Loved it to bits!

1 comment:

Kara said...

The food on JAL is awesome... But too bad they've closed shop... :(