Saturday, February 21, 2009

Change 1


Getting married spells change for most people. For me, I have more changes to adapt to. I'm so glad there were wise people who spoke into my life and told me to spread out the changes.

First major thing to change was my job. For the past 3.5 years, I've been working with people I know so well and whom I'm really comfortable with. Monday saw me starting my new job and I'd forgotten just how stressful adapting to a new environment is. I'm SO grateful to God for sending me a new colleague who came in together with me. It makes a world of difference!!!

Travel to and fro work time has changed from 7 mins to 35 mins and this means less sleep. The body needs time to adjust! Subsciously I think I am stressed because I haven't been sleeping well.

Stress + lack of sleep = Falling ill (Sue Ern's physical equation)
I fell sick on Thursday and am still having difficulty sleeping well despite the drowsy medication cos of the drippy back-flow nose, sore throat and dry cough.

I hope I get well by Monday because I think I'll really need a clear mind to learn all those new stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue Ern,

I agree that stress and lack of slp would make one sick. I think its the "new job syndrome". Coz I got a very bad experience at my very first job straight after poly. I was there for 3 mths (only), but I fall VERY sick and was on MC most of the time. Hahaha, i felt bad for taking MC but cannot tahan, too sick.

Well, hope u'll get well soon. =)

Carol

a portion of me said...

When we know that you fell ill, we thought that it's an RP thing. Yeow was saying most pple do fall sick when they come to work here. Dunno why but maybe the air.