Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Shock Discovery at Medical Check-up!

Entry by Edmund...

I must first of all say that Sue Ern is really good at this!=) I like reading her blog entries though I'm a tech-dino=P

Today we went to do a pre-marital medical screening. Sue Ern was so nice as to go to the clinic first & take a queue number, so that I could do what I needed to do at home & come later. When it was my turn in the consultation room, I heard news that I wasn't prepared for.

Don't worry, I don't have any funny disease. For some reason, the doctor & I ended up talking about my CMP. It's a medical condition whereby the meniscus on both knees have worn out & the knees experience pain when e.g. running.

That's why I can't run anymore. The cardio exercise I do now is biking, since swimming is also out because of my ezcema. (I know, I know, I have a lot of medical problems. Wait til you hear the rest...=P) So anyway, the doctor was surprised I haven't recovered from my CMP, which was about 3-4 years ago. He started straightening my legs & moving my knee caps around. I didn't know my knee caps could move!=P

Then he looked at my thighs and said, "Your thighs are too small!" My underdeveloped quadriceps are why my knees experience greater stress than usual during exercise. He suggested exercises that could strengthen my quads & told me to go easy on the cycling.

I thought I had to give up the OCBC bike challenge this month which I signed up for & had been looking forward to. Good thing he said I could go ahead!


Yippee...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wahahaha......

Anonymous said...

hi, I have knee pains as well and it's been a while. shld I check with the doctor? is it serious?? will I be able to jog or rock climb?
Limiin

Sue said...

Limiin: i think you should check with the doctor esp if it's been quite awhile!

-aRnie- said...

Limiin: Do chk with the doc cos I hv neck & shoulder pain for awhile & recently found out it wasn't that simple after the diagnosis came out.

Lynn said...

Edmund! Congrats on your first blog entry! haha. And I love the picture of the stick-thin legs at the end of the entry:)