Monday, February 2, 2009

Fai-Fai Day 1


A fai-fai is a fake tai-tai. (definition from cousin Grace)

Since I have 2 weeks off before my new job starts, today was the start of temporary fai-fai-dom! Happiness!

I went to visit my beautician at her home. We've become friends over the last 5 years. I meant just to return her some stuff she let me try but I ended up spending a fai-fai day with her.

We talked and lazed around over super sweet honeydew, Marks & Spencer puff pastry had Pizza Hut delivery lunch. She introduced me to Pet Society on Facebook (yah, I know I slow) and even received an ang bao from her! (it was an ang bao bigger than what individual relatives gave me! She said "last year already la")

I asked her if she would come to my wedding if I invited her and she said she would! I wasn't quite sure if she took me as client or friend. Both la.

Then it was off to meet Edmund to go check on our custom-made wedding bands that have already been made and to let the lady know what we want to engrave on the inside of the rings. The rings were not polished and sprayed matt yet. I sure hope it looks nicer and looser after all that's done!

Since we were at Ang Mo Kio and still had some time to spare before dinner, we drove around Ang Mo Kio, Bishan and Serangoon Central to see the kind of flats we like. I don't think we'd be able to afford the cash-above-valuation for those...

4 comments:

michelle said...

COVs for bigger flats are coming down. hang in there. it's gonna be more affordable...

-aRnie- said...

Scout around 1st if u still hv time. prices are coming down so take your time sourcing. i spent 8 mths hunting for my current flat. My agt was VERY patient. If it is the right flat, u'll know it.

Anonymous said...

Hello hello babe!! I really like reading your blog! I'm looking forward to your big day.... thanks for allowing us to walk with you through the wedding preparations, with this blog! ..... and your definition of faifai. Hilarious! :0) Loves!

Sue said...

michelle: i've noticed that COVs have already come down but the valuations have gone UP quite a bit.

arnie: unfortunately time isn't on our side.

Stacia: i love reading your blog too! it often makes me laugh!