Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Building a collection


Edmund and I went to visit my cousin Karen tonight. She'll be off to Canada with her family for the next 4 years and there's a lot stuff they don't want to keep. She invited us to come pick whatever stuff we need.

We came home tonight with kitchen knives, utensils and cutlery, pretty bowls, WMF pots, brand new Ikea wine glasses and tealight holders.

We also "choped" her drying rack, VAX machine, dust buster, electric kettle, Corningware, woks, Ikea stools, cordless phone, lamps, etc.

Karen says we're doing her a favour while Edmund and I feel really blessed to have people like Karen help us as we start from scratch.

3 comments:

a portion of me said...

So good....

Anonymous said...

wow so cool. WMF pots n Corningware. she's got HOU LIAO at home man.
Miin

Kay said...

I just got a KitchenAid stand mixer, hand carried over by a friend of a friend from the US. Costs approx S$340 in the US as opposed to S$700 in London as opposed to S$900+ in Singapore! Now all I have to do is make sure the voltage works