Wednesday, May 6, 2009

From scratch


I don’t visualise things well from verbal descriptions and drawings. I need to see the real thing, or at least photos of the real thing.

We were suppose to finalise the wedding gown design tonight, but when I saw an actual photo of the gown the designer had suggested and I had agreed to, I realised that was not what I had in mind.

Though Corinna was really nice about it, I felt bad that she had to go back to the drawing board to come up with more designs cos I didn't know what I wanted now anymore.

Poor Di Jing who came along with me after my last-minute appeal had to gobble her Subway dinner, get lost with bad-sense-of-direction me in the car to the designer’s and watch me make no progress in my gown matters.

This is such a small matter but I went home tired and discouraged! My job is getting the better of me. It’s sapping my energy. It’s killing all the fun. With work stress, the lack of sleep and time, I half wished I could just pick a gown off the rack. Honestly, I feel really sian about wedding preparations tonight.

I must have sounded pretty down in my sms to Carol, cos she gave me a really encouraging reply. She said that starting from scratch is hard, but the end product will fit you like a glove. I sure hope so! Well, at least that sms gave me a glimmer of hope! It also reminded me that when I went to try gowns off-the-rack, I didn’t find/see anything I really liked anyway.

My tiredness and fussiness is making me oh-so-confused!

2 comments:

Mae said...

I'm sorry work's been tough. I know one thing though - no matter what the dress, you will be the beautiful, radiant bride. Don't let the "small" things weigh you down and stop you from enjoying the most exciting event in your life yet. Love ya...

a portion of me said...

Oppsy to hear that. Hey, but I really agree with Carol. I was so so in love with my MTM gown and really love the end product even though all the changes were really sian.