Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Go Live!


The female colleagues in my dept made sure we went home on time last night to catch the wedding live on TV. Edmund wanted to go to Courts to look at stuff but for the 1st time in 2 years, I told him that I REALLY wanted to go home to watch TV.

The men cannot understand who would want to watch somebody’s wedding live on TV. Well, I think many women in Singapore wanted to watch it. Even my mum joined me!

I wanted to watch it mainly to see what she would wear and thought it would be fun to spot Dom on TV.

I quite enjoyed the coverage of the nao men and what went into preparing for the wedding. But it got quite draggy when the 3 male tv hosts went round asking celebrities to give their well-wishes to the couple. B-O-R-I-N-G!

Some personal thoughts:-

* I like bling-bling!

* Poofy ball gowns are not my thing

* The cost of the flower deco that supposedly could buy you a car failed to catch my eye. Then again, I’m so not a flower person.

* Michelle was radiant and looked like she was having the time of her life, but Shaun looked really really tired and almost washed out. 1st time seeing the groom trailing behind the bride cos of her poofy dress. Usually it’s the bride trailing behind cos she’s struggling with her dress

* I love her buffet dessert idea (cos I have a separate stomach for dessert) although I couldn’t imagine how 800 people were going to get their dessert without being in a big human jam. Anyway, most hotels’ desserts cannot make it.

* It’s so much nicer and orderly walking down a church aisle compared to a banquet hall aisle

* Having too big a bridal party or too many photographers/videographers can really get in the way and make things look really messy/chaotic

* I thought it was tiring and back-breaking for Dom to run ahead, squat/bend, shoot, repeat that, make way for the camera (whom I believe had priority), and jostle a place with dozens of others wielding cameras, all night.



Edmund’s thoughts:-

* He is so glad my family is not traditional and that he doesn’t have to sweat it out in the nao4 men2 process

* Michelle’s attire was too short, skimpy, sexy, low-cut, revealing... you get the picture. (That’s my uncle!)

* He cannot understand why we girls must change so many outfits during the wedding. (If I had my way and more money, I also want to have more outfit changes! ;p )

* He liked Shaun’s grey suit although the practical side of him would never have chosen to make a grey suit. (I like the metallic grey suit too!)

The 1st thing my female colleagues talked about this morning: the wedding.

1 comment:

a portion of me said...

I even try going to youtube to search for their wedding video! I also wanna watch but cannot find! Sigh =(