Saturday, May 16, 2009

Eventful day

Visit to the new house:
We started the day by popping over to our new house to take measurements and photos. The seller was in the thick of packing so the house was rather dusty and messy. So glad dad and mum came along to help us take measurements!



Wedding 5:
Then it was off to Ron & HP's wedding solemnisation and lunch at Meritus Mandarin. I love the ballroom there. This was my 1st time having a full 8-course dinner menu during lunch! The food was GOOD and I thought the wedding favours were pretty. Didn't get any photos with the bride & groom though.


Wedding shoes:
Since parking was already free from the wedding lunch, I decided to hunt for my wedding shoes at Orchard. My colleague told me about a shoe shop called Anna Nucci at Far East Plaza. She'd gotten her wedding shoes there for under $100. However, when I went there, I couldn't find Anna Nucci. I ended up walking into Mondo and coming out with a pair of strappies that I think I can wear for the wedding. Edmund was really patient as I went from each shoe department and shop.

Not as nice as these I borrowed for the pre-wedding shoot though! However, I don't think many people will see my shoes! [Photography by Dominic Khoo]

Furniture browsing:
We went to The Helping Hand, LifeStorey warehouse, and 2 other furniture stores at Kaki Bukit Enterprise One.

Renovation forums:
We were seriously considering taking up a package from Mode Studio cos it sounded really worthwhile. I guess it was too good to be true cos I came back and found tonnes of bad reviews of it's sister outlets under different names. Sneaky!

From the renovation forums, I found a few furniture shops that were recommended:
1. S&C at Blk 338 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, #01-1647
2. Yi Sheng Furniture Blk 399 Taman Jurong Shopping Ctr, #01-01
3. Univonna Pte Ltd at Sunget Kadut Way, Furniture Mall at Beach Road & Blk 54 Chin Swee Road

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kitchen is so so so nice...

nd

Kara said...

I'm envious of ur huge living hall!!!

Don't sweat over the wedding shoes, no one see them anyways... ;) I would gladly have slippers under my dress if Randy wasn't so tall... :P