Thursday, May 14, 2009

Veil


Several months ago, I mentioned to Chris that I had half the mind not to wear a veil down the aisle. Why, you might ask.

1. What on earth is the veil for? There are so many things we do traditionally at a wedding that no one seems to know why we really do it. (eg. cut cake, pour champagne down a pyramid of glasses, couple intertwining their hands to drink champagne, yum-seng, etc)

2. How to get good photo shots of the pretty bride's face if she has a veil over her face while she makes her entry?

3. It will blur my vision. I want to see everything clearly, not through the tiny holes of the veil. I can't even stand it if my fringe is near my eyes.

Aiyah, then Chris mentioned that the veil is worn to symbolise the virginity of the bride. I know it doesn't really apply in this day and age... but what if some traditional person ends up getting stumbled cos I didn't wear a veil?!?! ;p

Haha! Generally I don't see any use or beauty in wearing a bridal veil. Very romantic meh?

I think Edmund is a little bit worried he wouldn't know how to put the veil properly in place after lifting it. I warned him not to leave my veil hanging in mid-air after lifting it! ;p

1 comment:

Mae said...

The veil is "outdated" in the U.S. No one wears one down the aisle anymore. EVER.