Monday, January 12, 2009

Friend from TLBC

In 2001, I met Barbra at TLBC. We ended up in the team that went upstream during the Sarawak mission trip at the end of our 3 month course and became "family" there.

There are 5 of us in the "family". There's:
1. 'Lao Diare' - 'old father'
2. 'Hiah Hiah' - 'elder brother'
3. 'Da Jie' - 'big sister'
4. 'Er Jie' - '2nd sister' (me)
5. 'Xiao Mei' - 'youngest sister' (Barbra).

In the mission field, 5 of us slept on the floor in the same room for about 7 days. We realised that we had 1 key thing in common that allowed us to live in harmony. All 5 of us are messy people. Our room was so messy but we were not bothered by it at all!

Barbra is getting married this Saturday and she's gotten Edmund and I to be her emcees. We met them tonight to discuss the program for this Saturday's church wedding ceremony.

It's a small world in Singapore. Even before I knew Barbra, before Barbra knew Peter, before I knew Edmund, Edmund knew both Barbra and Peter!

Barbra is moving from CEFC to FCBC after marriage, and I am moving from LSBC to CEFC after marriage. SIGH!

Peter, Barbra, Edmund and I at 'Hiah Hiah's' house - Nov 08

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THe world is small, but only in circles that we're active in. For me, I see it most, perhaps not so strangely, advertising related.

Lynn said...

the photo of the four of you is so cute! haha