Thursday, January 1, 2009

Mixed feelings


I say goodbye to 2008 with VERY mixed feelings.

It's great to spend 31 Dec at LSBC every year for as long as I can remember.
Nothing beats worshipping the Lord at the end & start of every year together with a thousand people as a family of God.

As we worshipped, I cried. As much as I was touched by God's love and faithfulness, I was also very aware how much I'd miss all this.

I was horribly sad that this was probably my last watchnight service in LSBC.
I wiped away my tears with my hands just in time for the countdown, but ended up having to take out my tissue paper when Ivy hugged me.
Uncle KK & Auntie Tiak nearly made me cry too!

While I'm looking forward to getting married this year, the thought of leaving friends and a place I've grown up with is terribly sad.

What Auntie Tiak said to me tonight is so true. God calls us each to different journeys of faith. God will help me. He better help me! ;p (I know He will!)

3 comments:

a portion of me said...

I was trying my best to hold back my tears too!
Joshua 1:9 encourages me.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about the new year, 2009, new beginnings.... I've never really been a person who "celebrates" the new year and in a sea of people (esp in my industry) who take every excuse to have a party, I wonder if I'm quite - normal?

I guess to me, to me, the new year, every new year, is a an easy symbol of new beginnings, an easy way to gauge a stop/start, something easy to track and benchmark against. Some people have other significant dates - like Edmund's letter/card to you each 23rd. It's about remembering, benchmarking, it's about taking stock.

Getting married is a new beginning. :) New church is a new beginning. Who knows what your call to ministry will be?

I'm happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
Thank you for your worship on last sun, 22nd Nov 2015, the song, "Trust His Heart" still lingers on my mind and I am learning it. It seems that my cg friends also know the song.
Love the excellent partnership you have had with Edmund; he preached and you sang the worship song from your heart.
Kareen (Sky and Snow)