Wednesday, January 21, 2009

To remove or not

Many years ago at a night game station at youth camp...

Station Master: We're going to have a body scavenger hunt. From within your group members, I want you guys to show me 20 moles.

Sue Ern: Everyone, no need to find! I have all 20 and extra to spare for other teams!

I've lasered off about 30 to 40 moles but I still have plenty to spare with new ones popping up here and there every year. I inherited the wealth of moles from Dad! ;p

I have lasered-off the bigger moles on my face (I call them ex-moles) but 2 of them have become more obvious and protruding over the years. As my wedding approaches, I have been more tempted to do something about them... especially when people ask me what those 2 things at the side of my face are.

I finally decided to go to the National Skin Centre for a consultation. Senior Consultant Dr Chua gave me the option of:-

a) cutting out the ex-moles and then stitching the cut which would leave a line scar longer than the mole - $350 per mole

b) lasering off the ex-moles to flatten them. However this is only temporal cos the ex-moles will "rise" again - $200

Of his several suggestions, these are the 2 I'm considering:-

1) leaving the ex-moles as they are

2) trying the cut procedure with 1 mole first and see how I find it

Considering the money and time involved, I'm currently drawn to option (1).

Can you see my ex-moles?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Really got meh?? Never realised... Still very pretty what!

a portion of me said...

I always think MOLES very sexy!

Sue said...

yeow & faith: thanks for being encouraging! moles are more sexy when in the right place! haha!

-aRnie- said...

Chk out my recent mole excision done at NSC by Dr melvin Ee. Paid $400+ and got total of 5 stitches. 1 inner & 4 outside.

http://ladyahnie.blogspot.com/2008/12/day-surgery.html

This is the 2nd time doing it but both were due to pus & blood oozing out.

I've taken pic of the current state of the after-surgery & will email you, at least you have a feel of how will it look after surgery.

michelle said...

you lasered off 30-40 moles??! wow.... but i know how bothered you are by them, coz i'm extremely bothered by my eczema as well.

p.s. nsc used to be my "hangout" in my poly days coz i was there for my follow-up consultation every month for my eczema.